About an hour later I went down to the basement to reset the circuit. Did so. Came back upstairs, sat down, pulled laptop onto my lap, and then...
Out it went again. I sighed. I ignored it. I worked on my computer until the battery started beeping at me. Went back downstairs, pushed the button that resets the circuit.
It won't take. You know, you push the button, and it makes a sort of click that tells you that it's reset. Nothing doing.
This probably means a leak somewhere, and a circuit that is shorted as long as where ever it is is wet.
I pulled out the plethora of extension cords we have and ran one from a non-affected outlet to the kitchen, where I placed a powerbar for fridge and clip-on lamp. Ran another to the powerbar that powers my laptop and light. Fortunately, the outlet the tv, etc are plugged into are not affected, so I don't have to
The whole thing is really more a minor aggravation than anything, but I'm feeling especially aggravated about it at the moment.
That is all.