About 20 years ago I was 14, and...
1. lived with my mom and younger brother in Belton, Missouri.
2. was coping with my family's reactions to the death of my older sister.
3. had visions of coming to New York, going to Parson's school, and eventually making my way as an artist.
4. was rebellious enough to get my mom to threaten me with private school. I took her up on it...best thing I could have done.
About 15 years ago I was 19, and...
1. was living in East Stroudsburg, PA
2. living with my boyfriend Doug, who I'd met during my one semester at college
3. working in a pet store.
4. collected semiprecious gems & minerals as a hobby.
About 10 years ago I was 24, and...
1. living in Tucson
2. getting over the breakup of my first real love, Karie.
3. making my living through a combination of the sale of artwork, plasma, collected recyclable cans and newspaper delivery.
4. learning about indian food for the first time
About 5 years ago I was 29, and...
1. living in Tucson
2. was working through the tumultous dregs of relationships with two women and coping with the death of my older brother.
3. selling tupperware & working for the city of Tucson
4. taking and teaching belly dance classes
About 2 years ago I was 32, and...
1. had recently moved to Brooklyn.
2. had no plans beyond survival.
3. was suffering unmanagable migraines, which made my work life very difficult to maintain
4. had lots of friends in NYC, a good support network.
Now I am 34, and...
1. living in Brooklyn, NY, working with computers.
2. have been able to bring the migraines under control.
3. planning to buy a house (in Philadelphia).
4. most of my friends have moved out of town.
- hair: reddish brown
- eyes: grey
- height: 5'3"
- weight: around 150, last I checked...but that was at least a year ago.
- figure: hourglass
- clothing: um...comfy.
- music: techno, bluegrass, 80's punk & new wave, rockabilly, classic rock, 'alternative'
- makeup: none
- body art: tribal design tattoo around my navel
- wearing: brown pinstripe wool suit, and dress shirt (I'm at work)
- music: I have the X-files 'Scully's song' music in my head. Can't hear the radio in the front of the room
- thinking of: um..duh...answering these questions
- feeling: a little sinus-y, but good overall
LAST THING YOU.
- bought: little foil thingys to go under the burners on the stove
- did: made some adjustments to a user's HealthQuest account rights
- read: Burnt Offerings, Laurell K. Hamilton
- watched on TV: Welcome to the Club: Women of Rockabilly
EITHER / OR
- club or house party: house party
- tea or coffee: I like both, it depends on my mood.
- high achiever or easy-going: easy-going
- cats or dogs: both
- single or taken: ambiguous
- pen or pencil: keyboard
- gloves or mittens: gloves
- food or candy: food
- cassette or CD: CD
- snuff or cigarettes: neither
- Coke or Pepsi: Coke
- matches or a lighter: lighter
- sunset beach or the bold and the beautiful: huh?
- rickie lake or oprah winfrey: um...no.
WHO DO YOU WANT TO...
- kill: most recently, my roommmate, but not even him at the moment
- hear from: a publisher
- look like: myself
- be like: myself
- food: mexican
- drink: water
- color: grey
- album: Thomas Dolby, Retrospectacle
- shoes: Rockport
- site: livejournal, lately.
- song: there are really just too many to narrow it down to one.
- vegetable: broccoli
- fruit: avocado
- last movie you saw: Independence Day
- last movie you saw on the big screen: Lord of the Rings
- last phone number you called: I have no earthly idea. Probably something for work.
- last thing you had to drink: water
- last thing you ate: lunch- a big yummy salad
- last time you showered: this morning
- last time you cried: I'm not telling
- last time you smiled: today, at the office cleaning lady when she came in.
- last time you laughed: um...
- last person you hugged: James
- last person you kissed: James
- last thing you said: "try again now. you should be able to log in"
- last person you talked to online: lee, a co-worker of mine
- last thing you smelled: coffee
- smoke: nope
- do drugs: not on any kind of regular basis
- sleep with stuffed animals: nope, I've got a real one who demands that place
- have a crush: and how!
- have a boyfriend/girlfriend: those really aren't the words I'd use for the relationships I have
- have a dream that keeps coming back: not that I remember
- play an instrument: a long time ago, I played violin. Perhaps again someday...
- believe there is life on other planets: sure! What kind of life is another question entirely.
- read the newspaper: not if I can avoid it.
- have any gay or lesbian friends: yegads, I hope so. I even have a straight one or two.
- believe in miracles: define miracle.
- believe it's possible to remain faithful forever: faithful to what?
- consider yourself tolerant of others: not especially, no. Especially not idiots.
- consider police a friend or foe: *shrug* Depends on the policeperson.
- like the taste of alcohol: sometimes
- have a favorite Stooge: nope...was never a Stooge fan.
- believe in astrology: to a degree
- believe in magic: yes
- pray: not as such
- go to church: no
- have any secrets: yes
- have any pets: I live with two cats. One of them is mine.
- go to or plan to go to college: maybe.
- have a degree: no
- talk to strangers who instant message you: If they have something moderately intelligent to say, yes. If they start with illiterate phrases like "How R U?", then no.
- wear hats: yes
- have any piercings: my left ear lobe has managed to retain it's piercing. All the rest filled in.
- have any tattoos: didn't we cover this already?
- hate yourself: no
- have a "hot spot": huh?
- wish on stars: no
- like your handwriting: not especially, and I'm more likely to type anyway.
- believe in witches: I think, therefore I am.
- believe in God: which one?
- believe in Satan: I'm not sure. I definitely believe in evil.
- believe in ghosts: undetermined
- trust others easily: not hardly!
- like sarcasm: *snort*
- take walks in the rain: depends on how cold it is.
- kiss with your eyes closed: yes
- sing in the shower: no. I used to sing in my car all the time though, when I had one.